Obecny czas: Pią, 19.04.2024, 12:29

Napisz nowy temat Odpowiedz  [ 1 post ] 
Ardent Alligator 1929 Riley Brooklands 
Autor Wiadomość
Awatar użytkownika

Miejscowość: Warszawa
Post Ardent Alligator 1929 Riley Brooklands
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Samochód wyścigowy, zbudowany na bazie Rileya Brooklandsa z 1929 r., z silnikiem Mercury'ego V8 z końca lat 1930 i skrzynią biegów Forda.
Cytuj:
This 1929 Riley Brooklands Alligator was created in 1929 and first owned by Freddie Dixon. It was later purchased by Sam and Miles Collier who brought it to the United States where it was raced extensively. In the late 1930's it was given a Mercury Flathead V8 which greatly increased its power and performance. It continued to be campaigned at various venues.

Undoubtedly one of its most prestigious and most memorable victory came in 1949 when it took first place at Watkins Glen. The win at Watkins Glen was very memorable, beating out the famous American sportsman, Briggs Cunningham, who was piloting a Ferrary 166 Spyder. The Riley proved it was quick and reliable, lasting the 99 laps at an impressive speed of 68.46 mph on this difficult and challenging track.

It has been campaigned in modern times by Pete and Joanne McManus. It is an amazing vehicle with much potential and an excellent history.

Silnik: Mercury V8 3,9 l, chłodzony cieczą
Moc maksymalna: 175 KM (129 kW)
Skrzynia biegów: Ford manualna, 3-biegowa
Napęd: silnik umieszczony wzdłużnie z przodu, napędza koła tylne

(C) Conceptcarz.com

Pon, 04.02.2013, 0:39
Wyświetl posty z poprzednich:  Sortuj według  
Napisz nowy temat Odpowiedz  [ 1 post ]